Lethbridge and Area has had a ton of snow this Winter season and it does not seem to be stopping any time soon. Here are a few Home Owner tips for what you should check for when the snow starts to melt:
1) Ensure you sump pump is working properly. Here is a link to perform a sump pump check!
2) Remove as much moisture from low lying areas as possible, such as window wells, lower lying doorways and stariwells.
3) Ensure downspouts are out and directed away from the home.
4) Clear gutters of debris for proper drainage of excess water.
5) Evaluate your yard for settling and regrade when necessary. Propery drainage will help prevent flooding.
For more tips and information about Home Ownership in Lethbridge and Area, follow our blog, or call Joanne direct at 403-315-0658
Joanne Feist, Realtor
Re/Max Real Estate Lethbridge (Coaldale)